June 15, 2017
Good Day Friends!
In the past few months, ABAN has been working under the leadership of Doris Darkwah to get programs started for the next year. With the continual support and advice from the new board, we have made a lot of a lot of progress with getting programs started in July. A full list of the team of board members Doris has put together is below:
- Prince Ayim Brown, Sports Journalist and Presenter @A TV. Board Chair
- Antoinette Amegbletor, Horticulturist and Community Development Advocate. Board Secretary
- Mavis Tamaklo, Marketer. Board Treasurer
- Kwasi Aquah, Statistician. Member
- Herman Osabutey, NGO Director. Member
- Gabriel Tettey, Human Resources, Manager Nationality Communications Authority. Member
- Justice Bawole, Doctorate in NGO Management, University of Ghana Business School. Member
- Daniel Quaynor, Artisan and Youth Advocate. Member
- Callie Brauel, Assistant Director, Center for Entrepreneurial Studies. Member
Part of our efforts have been to revive the ACE center, which had raised a lot of funds for the organization in the past. We have been successful at completing two orders of conference Bags for the British council and the Young African Leaders Initiative. The plan is to design and create more custom recycled bags as part of our diversified funding streams.
Additionally, Global Fund for Children recently approved a grant of $4000 for to support our budget. And lastly, we are targeting donations. A few weeks ago, we received approval to be part of the June accelerator of the Global Giving fundraising site. This gives us the opportunity and goal of raising at least $5000 from 40 donors. If we do so, we will permanently be on their website and it gives us a way to reach donors across the world (including Ghana) and a platform to collect tax deductible donations.
Below is our calendar of activities for the next year:
- ABAN Program Calendar: July 2017 – July 2018
- June 2017: Fundraising drive (Local/International)
- July – September 2017: Community engagement and recruiting
- October 2017 – July 2018: Project implementation
We would be thrilled if you could join us in the fundraising campaign for Global Giving. We have included some graphics you can share on social media and through email.
I would be happy to answer any questions directly if you email me.
Thanks so much!
Doris Darkwah and the Board